Want to know who the Top QB play is for Week 13?
Hint: If he can throw 11 more touchdowns in the next five games, he'll hit 300 for his career and tie John Elway for the fifth most TD passes of all-time!
Check out our Pyro Player Rankings for the week to find out the answer.
It's the most in-depth, comprehensive research you'll find in the industry
QB Player Rankings – Week 13
1. Tom Brady (vs. Ind) – Peyton Manning may not be playing in this game, but that doesn’t mean Tom Brady hates Indianapolis any less. Normally with a defense that can be beat on the ground as badly as the Colts can be, I would mark the QB going against them down a notch…but not Brady. The Patriots running game isn’t all that great anyway, but with Tommy Bundchen on a bit of a roll right now going six straight games with two or more TDs, you have to believe coach Belichick will let him go wild for at least three quarters of the game. Three touchdowns and 300-plus yards is the minimum here.
2. Aaron Rodgers (@ NYG) – It’s a bit strange seeing Aaron Rodgers here in the number two slot, but it’s no doubt super-tough to be on top for an entire year. The Giants pass D had been doing pretty well for couple of months until they ran into the Saints last Monday night, but Brees has a tendency to do have games like that every once in a while. In fact, New York hasn’t allowed a single QB to throw more than two TDs or put up more than 20 fantasy points in a game when playing at home this season. Of course, that will change this Sunday when Rodgers and the Packers come to town as I fully expect Aaron’s season-long streak of throwing two or more TDs in a game to continue.
3. Drew Brees (vs. Det – Sunday Night) – If it weren’t for Aaron Rodgers, Brees would be the best QB in the NFL this season. In eleven games, Drew has thrown for three or more TDs five times, 300-plus yards eight times and 350-plus yards six times. Detroit actually has a pretty good pass D this season, but with Cool Brees averaging 317.2 yards and 3.4 TD passes at home this year (not to mention going 5-0), I don’t think they will pose too much of a problem for him.
4. Eli Manning (vs. GB) – Eli tossed up his second 400-yard game of the season (and his career) last weekend but as it turned out, it wasn’t enough as the Giants took the loss against the New Orleans Saints on Monday night. This weekend he’ll face an even hotter team going up against the Packers…and yet an even worse pass D. Manning squared off with Rodgers in Week 16 of last season and tossed up 301 yards with two touchdowns, so it seems he certainly knows how to throw on them. The Giants may not get the victory here, but with the way the Giants receiving corps and especially Victor Cruz are playing, I have no doubt Eli will give his fantasy owners a chance at their own victory this weekend.
5. Matthew Stafford (@ NO – Sunday Night) – In his last four games, Matthew Stafford is averaging just under 302 passing yards along with 2.5 touchdowns a game. He’s also averaged about 23.5 fantasy points, so he’s probably giving his owners what they want as well. However, the Detroit Lions team hasn’t been playing all that well lately losing to both the Bears and Packers while almost crumbling to the lowly Carolina Panthers. I mention this because I expect the red-hot Saints to go up on them early, which means Stafford will likely be passing the ball a ton with his team in catch-up mode. If that happens, it wouldn’t shock me to see Stafford have a game very much like what Eli Manning had last Monday night…which will undoubtedly make fantasy owners very happy in the process.
6. Tony Romo (@ Ari)
7. Cam Newton (@ TB)
8. Ben Roethlisberger (vs. Cin)
9. Tim Tebow (@ Min)
10. Philip Rivers (@ Jax – Monday Night)
11. Vince Young (@ Sea – Thursday Night)
12. Matt Moore (vs. Oak)
13. Matt Ryan (@ Hou)
14. Ryan Fitzpatrick (vs. Ten)
15. Mark Sanchez (@ Was)
16. Andy Dalton (@ Pit)
17. Matt Hasselbeck (@ Buf)
18. Joe Flacco (@ Cle)
19. Josh Freeman (vs. Car) – LISTED AS QUESTIONABLE TO PLAY (Right Shoulder)
20. Rex Grossman (vs. NYJ)
21. Christian Ponder (vs. Den)
22. Kevin Kolb (vs. Dal)
23. Carson Palmer (@ Mia)
24. Caleb Hanie (vs. KC)
25. Sam Bradford (@ SF) – LISTED AS QUESTIONABLE TO PLAY (Ankle)
26. Tarvaris Jackson (vs. Phi – Thursday Night)
27. Alex Smith (vs. StL)
28. Dan Orlovsky (@ NE)
29. T.J. Yates (vs. Atl)
30. Blaine Gabbert (vs. SD – Monday Night)
31. Colt McCoy (vs. Bal)
32. Tyler Palko (@ Chi)
Listen & subscribe to our Pyro® Weekly Podcasts: http://pyromaniac.buzzsprout.com
Follow Pyro® on Twitter: https://twitter.com/pyroman1ac
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pyromaniac