Trying to figure out who the Top TE play is for Week 11?
Hint: Last weekend, this player passed Mike Ditka for the most touchdown catches ever by a tight end during his first two seasons in the league... and his second season isn't even over yet!!!
Check out our Pyro Player Rankings for the week to find out who!
It's the most in-depth, comprehensive research you'll find in the industry
TE Player Rankings – Week 11
(BYE: Houston, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Pittsburgh)
1. Rob Gronkowski (vs. KC – Monday Night) – It doesn’t really matter at this point who the Patriots are playing for Gronkowski to do well, but they happen to be playing a Chiefs team that has a lot of trouble covering bigger tight ends and give up the eleventh-most fantasy points per game to them. Whatever the case, Gronk is on another big-time roll like he was earlier in the season and simply can’t be denied when he’s playing like this. Bet on a big one this Monday night.
2. Antonio Gates (@ Chi) – Gates has had no less than 54 yards in each of the four games he’s played in since returning from his foot injury and might actually be able to double that yardage against the Bears this weekend. On average, the Bears have let opposing tight ends catch seven balls for 70 yards and nearly a touchdown a game against them this season, all of which equates to easily the most fantasy points per game against them in 2011. The only reason he’s not the TE1 this week is because Gronkowski is about as hot as it gets right now.
3. Tony Gonzalez (vs. Ten) – There’s nothing better than seeing a good guy in the league like Tony Gonzalez put up the kind of numbers he has been putting up in what could be the final season of a long, distinguished career. At 35 years of age, Tony G. has a touchdown in five of the Falcons nine games thus far and currently ranks third in the league in total fantasy points. With the Titans allowing the sixth-most fantasy points per game to opposing tight ends, there’s no reason to think Gonzo won’t continue his remarkable swan song this Sunday.
4. Jermichael Finley (vs. TB) – Considering what fantasy owners were expecting from him when they drafted him, you could rightfully say that Finley’s year has been a bit of a disappointment. However, that doesn’t take away from the fact that he currently has the fifth-most fantasy points in the league and has actually stayed healthy all year, something that might not have been expected. Against a Buccaneers defense that allows the ninth-most fantasy points per game to tight ends this season, he could end up having one of those huge games owners were for some reason thinking he would have on a weekly basis.
5. Jason Witten (@ Was) – Witten has been a relatively consistent fantasy play so far in 2011, but last week, the Cowboys didn’t need him in their 44-7 shellacking of the Bills, so owners found themselves a bit disappointed in the end. On Sunday, in an inter-division road game against Washington, Dallas will most likely go back to using him in the way they usually do which could mean a stat-stuffing day for Tony Romo’s BFF. The Redskins have been pretty good against opposing tight ends this season, but Witten has faced them enough to know how to beat ‘em, which is exactly what I’m expecting him to do pretty hard on Sunday with Miles Austin still out with an injury.
6. Fred Davis (vs. Dal)
7. Aaron Hernandez (vs. KC – Monday Night)
8. Ben Watson (vs. Jax)
9. Greg Olsen (@ Det)
10. Jake Ballard (vs. Phi – Sunday Night)
11. Brandon Pettigrew (vs. Car)
12. Kellen Winslow Jr. (@ GB)
13. Anthony Fasano (vs. Buf)
14. Vernon Davis (vs. Ari)
15. Scott Chandler (@ Mia)
16. Brent Celek (@ NYG – Sunday Night)
17. Ed Dickson (vs. Cin)
18. Jared Cook (@ Atl)
19. Kevin Boss (@ Min)
20. Visanthe Shiancoe (vs. Oak)
21. Jermaine Gresham (@ Bal)
22. Kellen Davis (vs. SD)
23. Marcedes Lewis (@ Cle)
24. Dennis Pitta (vs. Cin)
25. Billy Bajema (vs. Sea)
26. Delanie Walker (vs. Ari)
27. Tony Scheffler (vs. Car)
28. Leonard Pope (@ NE – Monday Night)
29. Clay Harbor (@ NYG – Sunday Night)
30. Todd Heap (@ SF) – IF HEALTHY
Dustin Keller (@ Den – Thursday Night) – 5 receptions, 40 yards, 0 TDs
Daniel Fells (vs. NYJ – Thursday Night) – 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TDs
Listen & subscribe to our Pyro® Weekly Podcasts: http://pyromaniac.buzzsprout.com
Follow Pyro® on Twitter: https://twitter.com/pyroman1ac
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pyromaniac