(Rankings will be updated throughout the week)
TE Player Rankings – Week 15
1. Rob Gronkowski (@ Den) – Do you really need me to tell you why Gronkowski is ranked number one? Okay, well how about this: Gronk is on the hottest streak tight end streak in the history of the sport right now and if he grabs four more touchdowns in the last three games, he'll have caught more TDs in his first two seasons than any other player in NFL history (Randy Moss had 28). Is that enough motivation for him? I think so.
2. Jimmy Graham (@ Min) – The Minnesota Vikings have allowed the most receptions per game to opposing tight ends this season while Jimmy Graham has accumulated by far the most targets and receptions for TEs. He also leads the league in yards so basically, you do the math here.
3. Jermichael Finley (@ KC) – Finley has obviously been a huge disappointment for fantasy owners this year, especially last weekend when he was held without a catch for the first time since Week 3 of 2009 (when playing a full game). That said, Jermichael should start to turn it back on this weekend with Greg Jennings being out for the rest of the season, especially since he was Rodgers go-to guy for the majority of the year. With the Chiefs allowing the second-most touchdowns and seventh-most fantasy points to opposing tight ends, bank on Finley turning into the guy you drafted right when you need him the most.
4. Antonio Gates (vs. Bal – Sunday Night) – Gates has a very tough matchup this Sunday night going up against a Ravens team that doesn’t really allow anything to anybody. Gates, however, isn’t your normal tight end. He might not be the utterly dominant force that he was in the past, but he’s caught four or more passes in eight straight games and has five touchdowns in the last six. He’s still Philip Rivers favorite target in the red zone and will likely be used as a safety valve all game with Baltimore looking to pressure the Chargers QB into making mistakes. It’s go-time for Antonio, and the guy won’t be denied.
5. Jason Witten (@ TB – Saturday Night) – Witten has tailed off quite a bit over the last few weeks and he certainly isn’t the same player as he was last season, but I expect him to pick it up against a lowly Buccaneers team this evening. He’s still the most sure-handed player on the Dallas roster and since I expect the Cowboys to try and control the clock in this one after going up against them early, look for Witten to make his fair share of catches and put up a bunch of yards because of it.
6. Jake Ballard (vs. Was)
7. Aaron Hernandez (@ Den)
8. Brandon Pettigrew (@ Oak)
9. Vernon Davis (vs. Pit – Monday Night)
10. Dustin Keller (@ Phi)
11. Anthony Fasano (@ Buf)
12. Brent Celek (vs. NYJ)
13. Jermaine Gresham (@ StL)
14. Kellen Winslow Jr. (vs. Dal – Saturday Night)
15. Jared Cook (@ Ind)
16. Greg Olsen (@ Hou)
17. Owen Daniels (vs. Car)
18. Jacob Tamme (vs. Ten)
19. Evan Moore (@ Ari)
20. Joel Dreessen (vs. Car)
21. Ed Dickson (@ SD – Sunday Night)
22. Jeremy Shockey (@ Hou)
23. Visanthe Shiancoe (vs. NO)
24. Tony Scheffler (@ Oak)
25. Kyle Rudolph (vs. NO)
26. Logan Paulsen (@ NYG)
27. Dennis Pitta (@ SD – Sunday Night)
28. Kellen Davis (vs. Sea)
29. Heath Miller (@ SF – Monday Night)
30. Lance Kendricks (vs. Cin)
31. Zach Miller – Sea (@ Chi)
32. Kevin Boss (vs. Det)
Listen & subscribe to our Pyro® Weekly Podcasts: http://pyromaniac.buzzsprout.com
Follow Pyro® on Twitter: https://twitter.com/pyroman1ac
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pyromaniac