Week 17 Fantasy Football Player Rankings - Running Backs
Posted by Dawgmaticå on 12/25/12
Running Back Player Rankings – Week 17
Running Backs (Updated: Friday, Dec. 28 - 5:28PM CT)
1. Adrian Peterson (vs. GB) - Peterson is 102 yards away from 2,000 and 207 yards away from breaking Eric Dickerson's all-time record. Before last week Peterson had 8 stright 100-yard rushing games with 2 of them going for over 200 yards. The last time Peterson played the Packers he torched them for 210 yards and a TD. Peterson will be running hard and the Packers do not have a good run defense.
2. Marshawn Lynch (vs. StL) - Lynch has been in BEAST MODE down the stretch of the season. He has 3 stright 100-yard rushing games and 6 TD in his last 4 games, including 111 yards and a TD last week against the tough 49ers defense. Lynch should run all over the Rams and the Seahawks need this win for a shot at the Division with a 49ers loss.
3. Arian Foster (at Ind) - Foster has been disappointing as of late with only one 100-yard rushing game in his last 4, but that came against the Colts 2 weeks ago, where he ran for 165 yards. Foster has been held out of the endzone the last 2 weeks and will look to get on track and make a statement against the upstart Colts.
4. C.J. Spiller (vs. NYJ) - Spiller has been fantastic all season long with an impressive 6.5 yards per carry average. With Fred Jackson out Spiller has had back to back 100-yard games. The Jets defense has been almost as bad as the Jets offense as of late and Spiller should see close to 20 carries, which should include a big run.
5. Alfred Morris (vs. Dal, Sunday night) - The rookie has been dominant down the stretch with three 100-yard games in his last 5 and a low rushing total of 87 yards. On top of that, with RG III hobbled, Morris has been finding the endzone with regularity and has 5 rushing TD in his last 5 games. This game is the highlight game and last regular season game of the year and the rookie is going to be active. Morris has at least 20 carries in his last 6 games.
6. Doug Martin (at Atl) - Martin has really slowed down over the last 5 weeks and only has one 100-yard game in that span. There is no post season for Martin so this is his final curtain call. The Falcons have nothing to play for, with homefield advantage locked up through the Playoffs. The Falcons are not the best run defense to beging with, and if they start pulling starters then Martin could have a field day.
7. LeSean McCoy (at NYG) - McCoy made his return last week, and it was not great with only 45 yards. This week he draws the Giants and the last time he faced them he ran for 123 yards and added 17 yards receiving. McCoy is going to want to make a statement and end all the talk of Bryce Brown taking over, so with that incentive and his fresh legs, this is his best chance to make up for a horrible Fantasy season.
8. DeMarco Murray (at Was, Sunday night) - Murray has not had a breakout game since his return in week 13 and only rushed for 40 yards last week. In the previous 3 weeks Murray had a TD in each game. This game is for all the marbles and for the Cowboys to win they need to be able to run the football and control some clock. This is Murray's best chance since his return.
9. Chris Johnson (vs. Jax) - Johnson has been disappointng down the stretch with only one 100-yard game in his last 5. The best thing he has going for him, before an offseason of rest, is the Jacksonville Jaguars. Johnson should be able to have a big run in this game, but he is no certainty for a TD with only 1 in his last 5 games.
10. Frank Gore (vs. Ari) - Gore has been kept fresh this season with 40 less carries than last season and he only had 6 carries last week. The 49ers need a win to lock up their Division and should lean on Gore to take the pressure off of Colin Kaepernick. Gore should see over 20 carries in this game.
11. Ray Rice (at Cin)
12. Knowshon Moreno (vs. KC)
13. Matt Forte (at Det)
14. Shonn Greene (at Buf)
15. Stevan Ridley (vs. Mia)
16. Jamaal Charles (at Den)
17. Darren Sproles (vs. Car)
18. Montell Owens (at Ten)
19. Ahmad Bradshaw (vs. Phi)
20. Vick Ballard (vs. Hou)
21. BenJarvus Green-Ellis (vs. Bal)
22. Steven Jackson (at Sea)
23. Reggie Bush (at NE)
24. Darren McFadden (at SD)
25. Mark Ingram (vs. Car)
26. Rashard Mendenhall (vs. Cle)
27. Mikel Leshoure (vs. Chi)
28. Bilal Powell (at Buf)
29. Jackie Battle (vs. Oak)
30. DeAngelo Williams (at NO)
31. Montario Hardesty (at Pit)
32. Danny Woodhead (vs. Mia)
33. Ryan Grant (at Min)
34. Jacquizz Rodgers (vs. TB)
35. Beanie Wells (at SF)
36. Joique Bell (vs. Chi)
37. Michael Turner (vs. TB)
38. Mike Tolbert (at NO)
39. Alex Green (at Min)
40. Jonathan Dwyer (vs. Cle)
41. Bernard Pierce (at Cin)
42. Robert Turbin (vs. StL)
43. Ronnie Brown (vs. Oak)
44. Chris Ivory (vs. Car)
45. David Wilson (vs. Phi)
46. LaMichael James (vs. Ari)
47. Cedric Peerman (vs. Bal)
48. Ben Tate (at Ind)
49. Lamar Miller (at NE)
50. Ronnie Hillman (vs. KC)
Listen & subscribe to our Pyro® Weekly Podcasts: http://pyromaniac.buzzsprout.com
Follow Pyro® on Twitter: https://twitter.com/pyroman1ac
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pyromaniac